Apprentice Engineer with Windsor Materials Handling Chelmsford
£156.00 - Weekly
Why We Need YouPosted:
The apprentice will be trained to be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all Windsor Materials Handling Fleet and Equipment, from pallet trucks to tractor trailer units within the depot. From time to time, the apprentice will work with their assigned mentor at customer premises.
The key duties will include:
- Preparing vehicles/equipment for rental/purchase
- Regularly maintaining vehicles/equipment in line with maintenance schedules and updating records
- Responding in a timely fashion to break down calls
- Accurate stock control using computerised systems
- Working as a team in order to achieve reliability and maintenance targets
The Apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor, who will support them throughout the programme. The training for the Apprenticeship will be on and off the job, whereby the apprentice will be working towards a Lift Truck and Powered Access Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.
The duration is 3 years and on successful completion, Windsor Materials Handling will continue to support apprentices that show willing and have the aptitude. We’re looking for applicants that have an interest in the field of mechanics, experience is advantageous however not essential. It is important that candidates who apply are motivated, hardworking and reliable.
This is a really great opportunity for someone looking to start a career in the sector and we look forward to hearing from candidates interested in this position.
The name Windsor has been synonymous with materials handling and access systems since 1977, providing a first class range of forklift hire, sales and maintenance services
Windsor has 13 sites in the UK.
The company is committed to providing a quality service to it's customers and believes this can only be achieved by employing the right people in the business and training to a high standard. As a Windsor employee, you will have a chance to progress in the company, be rewarded with good benefits and have the opportunity to attend various training courses with the company.
- Maths and English at GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have a good problem solving ability
- Willing to work as part of a team as well as using their own initiative
- Be flexible and adaptable
- You will need to be honest, enthusiastic and motivated
- Have a keen interest in the area
There are very few Customer Service Apprenticeships in the motor industry and the BMW programme i...Apply NowDetails
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Parts Department. Parts Advisor specific duties would inc...Apply NowDetails