Apprentice Project Co-ordinator
£16,422.00 - Annually
Why We Need YouPosted:
Our Programme & Project Management team are responsible for providing support services to some of our most complex customer contracts within our business. It helps reduce risk, improve the probability of successful delivery and - most importantly - improve customer satisfaction.
- As a Project Co-ordinator, you’ll support the delivery of a range of provision, migration or transition projects and programmes within the wider portfolio of work
- You’ll be responsible for delivering work packages or small projects within a larger programme or project, under the direction of a more senior project manager
- You’ll need to be highly organised so that you know what needs to be done and in what order. You’ll also develop stakeholder management skills; critical to keep projects on track, as well as delighting our customers
- You’ll be identifying potential problems and working out how to fix them before they happen, as part of good practice in risk management
- We’ll teach you how to become an expert in project management, starting with the basics and working up to more complex work over a period of time. We’ll support your learning through buddying, job shadowing, formal training and through managing your own work packages and projects
- You’ll learn how to deal with internal and external suppliers and customers, and how to address challenging situations
- It won’t just be about the technical skills though; we’ll help you to develop so that you can work professionally and independently, taking responsibility and initiative
BT is the world’s most established communications company, employing over 90,000 people across 180 countries, which offers a world of possibilities for all globally. We help people to communicate anywhere, at any time and with any technology they want.
Known as a major technology player who pioneers the digital advances that shape and drive the information age, BT help people create, collaborate and communicate better than ever before.
In the UK we are a leading communications services provider, selling products and services to consumers, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector.
- You will need to achieve two A-Levels with a minimum of C grades
- You’ll also need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4 – 9 (GCSE C or above) or equivalent including English Language and maths
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Please note: All of our apprentice schemes are subject to eligibility criteria
- Bold decision maker
- Inspiring communicator
- Collaborative partner
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- Solution focused
- Customer champion
There are very few Customer Service Apprenticeships in the motor industry and the BMW programme i...Apply NowDetails
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Parts Department. Parts Advisor specific duties would inc...Apply NowDetails