Apprentice Quantity Surveyor
£16,000.00 - £18,000.00 - Annually
Why We Need YouPosted:
VINCI Construction UKs Trainee Quantity Surveyors will work within project teams to understand and safeguard commercial position, whilst developing an understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts. Projects will be based in the North East Region. Our regional office is in Wakefield and current sites include Doncaster, Huddersfield, Chesterfield and Scarborough.
Duties will include:
- To assist with the procurement of materials and off-site services
- To assist with procurement and cost control of sub-contractors
- To assist with the payments
- Develop an understanding of cost control
- Develop an understanding of programming and sequencing
- To assist with sub-contract administration
- To support project close out and archiving of accounts
You will have access to VINCI eLearning modules and other training courses as per our training matrix.
Apprentice induction – a chance to meet your peers and learn more about the company, team working and personal financial advice.
Personal development courses, such as Negotiation Skills, Communications Skills, Presentation Skills and many more.
VINCI Construction UK is a division of VINCI, a world leader in concessions and construction, employing 185,500 people worldwide, with a turnover of €38.5bn. Within the UK VCUK deploys 800 people on a variety of interesting and challenging construction projects predominantly within the healthcare, education and commercial sectors.
The entry requirement for the Degree Apprenticeship is 112 UCAS points, e.g. grades BBC at A-Level or DMM at BTEC. Ideally, we are looking for a Maths or Science subject.
You must have at least GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Flexible approach as the position will require the candidate to work at various locations throughout the North East and living away from home may be required
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise
- Keen to develop and learn about the construction industry
- Ability to successfully balance working and studying at high levels of self-motivation and commitment are required
- Flexible attitude towards work location as due to the project driven nature of our business there will be a requirement to work on multiple sites
There are very few Customer Service Apprenticeships in the motor industry and the BMW programme i...Apply NowDetails
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Parts Department. Parts Advisor specific duties would inc...Apply NowDetails