Apprentice Sous Chef, Newcastle
£285.00 - Weekly
Why We Need YouPosted:
The starting rate of pay is up to £9.50 depending on your age (we don’t use apprentice rates of pay!) plus tips and benefits. We offer a bespoke level 3 apprenticeship programme to launch your career with ASK Italian. We will teach you all about our business with the opportunity to gain a Sous Chef role within the year! Our CEO started out as a Team Member – where will your career take you?
If you’re interested in creating amazing, authentic Italian dishes, from beautiful ingredients and serving our customers with style, this could be the start of something special. We’re always on the look out for people with drive, personality, ambition, potential and plenty of spirit – so does this sound like you?
If it does, we could give you an amazing Italian Education and support you through an award-winning career development programme.
Your duties will include:
- Creating amazing, authentic Italian dishes
- Supporting other chefs in food preparation and service
- Following Food Safety regulations
- Following Allergy Advices
- Following H&S regulations
- Keeping high cleaning standards
As a Team Member, we’ll give you:
- Full training into role and great opportunities for career development, including a fully accredited and industry recognised Level 3 Apprenticeship Certificate as a Senior Production Chef
- Fantastic hourly rate, in line with our restaurant roles every step of the way, with a share of the tips on top
- 50% discount at ASK Italian and Zizzi restaurants (including drinks!)
- Free meals on shift with a heavily discounted menu range too
- New uniform provided, including shoes
- 28 days paid holiday, pro-rata
- ASK Italian are closed on Christmas day, meaning you’ll be able to spend Christmas exactly as you choose
- Level 2/GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above in English & maths preferred, but we can help you achieve this too
- Work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with attention for detail and a drive for excellent standards
- Have a huge passion for our Italian food, with the desire to learn and deliver our fabulous menu
The key to our success is the ASK Factor – meaning we are confident, engaging and we love to be a bit cheeky. Sound familiar…? So, come join us and be a part of our family!
As a Supervisor at Mitchells&Butlers you are the personality behind the beer pumps, the expert on the drink...Apply NowDetails
As an apprentice Chef at Premium Country Pubs, we will help you master our menu, with your food being the r...Apply NowDetails