Audit School Leaver
Why We Need You
Why We Need YouPosted:
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a range of companies, from start-ups to FTSE350 companies, in multiple sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. It’s not just analysing numbers though; Audit teams really get to know their clients. That means you’ll spend every day working as part of a team, often on clients’ premises, working with key individuals to understand their financial performance, business systems, culture and risks. The apprenticeship programme offers unparalleled exposure to a range of sectors and the potential for international secondment.
Audit means much more than crunching numbers. Auditors are integral to keeping the UK financial system safe for investors and the public. As auditors we use smart questions to get to know our client’s businesses, and maintain scepticism throughout the audit process to ensure we remain impartial. At the completion of an audit we can provide constructive feedback to our clients helping to improve the business’s operations, whilst also helping shareholders to have a full understanding of a company’s financial performance and business risks. As the majority of the audit process involves us working in different teams, with people at varying stages of their career, we’re fortunate to get to know our BDO colleagues really well and often become life-long friends.
As part of the South East Audit team, you would also be given the opportunity to work with a range of businesses, this would include a variety of those in the corporate space as well as specialists areas including Not-for-Profit and Pensions Audit teams, giving you wide and invaluable knowledge before deciding on your own career path upon qualification. Our corporate audit experts work with both public and private companies across a number of industries, exposing you to work in areas such as manufacturing, real estate, retail and technology. Known to be one of the largest specialist teams in the accounting profession, our NFP specialists are acknowledged as being the experts in delivering services to the education, social housing, charity and membership body sectors.
We’ll help you succeed
The Audit Apprenticeship Programme is your opportunity to combine work experience with achieving your professional qualifications. We’ll provide the training in skills, behaviours and professional knowledge you’ll need not just to pass your exams, but also to become an exceptional BDO advisor. Our pass results are often up to 10% above the national average. This is a unique opportunity to qualify in a working environment with a network of exceptional colleagues who will be invested in helping you achieve your full potential.
The salary for this role is £21,750 and your job title will be Audit Trainee.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the globally recognised Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification as a Level 7 apprenticeship programme, enabling individuals to become qualified chartered accountants and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ACA qualification and apprenticeship provides a broad range of accounting, finance and business skills. It opens a wealth of opportunities. The duration of this programme is 48 months.
• You will assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given
• Prepare analysis of accounting data from client’s books and records
• Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
• Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence
• Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget
• Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Audit Manager
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to your Senior or Managerv
• Build strong relationships with new and established clients
• Carry out ad hoc assignments, as may be required by your group
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group
• Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office
• Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following core benefits:
• 25 days’ holiday;
• access to a Group Personal Pension Plan, with matched employer contributions;
• Life Assurance cover;
• Income Protection insurance;
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different, so we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
• buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
• add on Private Medical, Personal Accident, Dental or Travel Insurance; Home Technology
• enrol in our Bikes to Work scheme;
• enjoy discounts at cinemas, dining out, shopping and gyms through our Employee Discounts arrangement;
• receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
• access additional services like our financial wellbeing platform, online GP service or our Employee Assistance Programme
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
• Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
• A 9–4 in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent (we will also consider qualifications from outside the UK)
Address: Gatwick -
Southeastern RailwayTrainee Train DriverAdvancedSupply Chain Transport LogisticsAll Depots Ashford Charing Cross Dartford Dover Faversham Gillingham Grove Park Hastings Orpington Ramsgate Slade Green Tonbridge Victoria
Ever imagined yourself driving a train? It might surprise you how varied, enjoyable and rewarding...Apply NowDetails
Southeastern RailwayShunter DriverAdvancedSupply Chain Transport LogisticsLondon Kent
As a Shunter Driver you will be responsible for ensuring vehicles are shunted/driven and prepared...Apply NowDetails