BMW Aftersales Customer Service (Parts Advisor) Apprenticeship - Barons Watford BMW
£156.00 - Weekly
Why We Need YouPosted:
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Parts Department.
Parts Advisor specific duties would include:
- Interaction with both Trade and Retail customers – you will be working with customers on a daily basis both over the phone and face-to-face, to provide them with information and to sell them parts and accessories
- Stock – this includes stock control and checks, as well as being responsible for ordering parts stock to be delivered at required times
- Computer Systems – you will work on specialised computer systems, including computerised stock management systems and parts identification programmes
- Vehicle Service / Sales support – you will support other Departments within the BMW Retailer, including workshop staff, to ensure they function effectively
All Aftersales Customer Service (Parts Advisor) apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. The apprenticeship will have a strong focus on the retail environment and the high customer service expectations of BMW & MINI customers, as well as Service Advisor specific training.
The training takes place over a 12-month period at the BMW Group Academy and has been designed to suit both Parts and Service Advisor roles.
During the time spent at your BMW Retailer, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme.
A BMW representative will also visit on a 12-weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
All Motor Vehicle Technician, Aftersales Customer Service (Parts & Service) and Motorcycle Technician Apprentices will be employed at their local BMW Retailer, and will attend the BMW Group Academy for their training. The BMW Group Academy is based at Wokefield Park near Reading in Berkshire.
All Bodyshop Technician (Paint & Panel) Apprentices will be employed at their local BMW Retailer or Bodyshop, and will attend our body training facility for their training. The body training facility is located in Milton Keynes.
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
- ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
- To have good communication and organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- To have a positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism to represent the BMW/MINI brand
- An interest in the automotive industry
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy parts department, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
There are very few Customer Service Apprenticeships in the motor industry and the BMW programme i...Apply NowDetails
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Parts Department. Parts Advisor specific duties would inc...Apply NowDetails