Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship (MCT) - Pfizer
£17,060.00 - Annually
Why We Need YouPosted:
The Laboratory Scientist Apprentice will carry out both routine and complex scientific experiments and perform a variety of technical support functions across the organisation that may directly impact the manufacturing and release of a pharmaceutical product, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work undertaken.
In any context working safety and ethically is paramount and many companies operate under highly regulated conditions because of the need to control the quality and safety of products, for example medicines. Laboratory Scientists will be expected to work both individually and as part of a laboratory team. They will be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken. They will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improving the business.
At the end of the Apprenticeship, the Apprentice will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of underlying scientific principles in laboratory-based experimentation and implement new processes according to the literature or input from colleagues
- Demonstrate and explain the principles of laboratory techniques and scientific experimentation to contribute to the development of scientific technical projects
- Develop and apply a theoretical knowledge of the advanced science and technology required to progress in the job role and relevant area of specialism
- Demonstrate working knowledge of project management procedures and the ability to incorporate these into the scientific work environment working with team members
- Understand the internal and external regulatory environment pertinent to the sector and the sponsoring organisation and comply with regulations including compliance with business rules pertaining to record keeping, traceability & confidentiality.
- Understand the business environment in which the company oper
Cogent Skills is the UK’s strategic body for skills in the science industries, led by sector employers. We work with them to develop, design and deploy skills solutions for the science industries.
All our products and services are designed with science industry employers, are underpinned by national standards and meet the unique requirements of the sector.
Industries covered include chemicals, polymers, biotechnology, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, bio medical technologies, environmental technologies, bio medical devices, nuclear and organisations that devote the majority of their efforts in the various stages of research, development, technology transfer and commercialisation.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE’s at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including mathematics and English.
- Will have, or are predicted, A-Levels equalling 104 UCAS points, including Chemistry at grade C or above plus an additional Science or Mathematics.
- Equivalent Level 3 qualifications (e.g., BTEC) will also be considered (with a minimum requirement of 104 UCAS points)
- Sound knowledge of life sciences and mathematics
- Application of theoretical knowledge in the laboratory
- Rational, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to learn and work with new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within high performing teams as well as independently
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to apply learning from prior experience to new situations and problems
- Ability to evaluate information from a broad range of sources
- Communicates with clarity, purpose and efficiently
- Enthusiastic attitude and approach to teamwork with positive influencing and listening skills
- High energy level; hard working; makes things happen
- Demonstrates sound judgement when making decisions
- Self-driven and able to set personal goals which are realistic and challenging
- Change agile, flexible and resilient
There are very few Customer Service Apprenticeships in the motor industry and the BMW programme i...Apply NowDetails
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Parts Department. Parts Advisor specific duties would inc...Apply NowDetails