Software Tester Apprentice
£14,000.00 - Annually
Why We Need YouPosted:
Door is seeking a proactive and self-motivated Software Tester Apprentice to develop and contribute to the quality control of Door’s software solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Door was founded by asset and wealth management industry practitioners, as a successful candidate you will have the opportunity to work with teams and individuals who will provide valuable insight into a highly respected industry.
As an agile software tester you will participate in the examination and structure of requirements, design of component software features, testing, documentation and delivery of incremental software releases. Reporting defects and bugs within the development life cycle to the team lead.
Working as part of a tight-knit team you will hit the ground running with hands-on experience and support, you will be provided with the guidance and tools to ensure delivery of on-time, quality software solutions. As well as exposure to the full software development lifecycle interacting with developers, solutions architects, business analysts and product experts.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Responsible for delivering effective quality control and assurance of technical solutions
- Own product knowledge for new and existing software features
- Proactively promote quality within all areas of the business
- Escalate any issues, blockers or impediments to Lead QA within a timely manner
- Delivery of effective and efficient testing practises, with an emphasis on test automation
- Ensuring adherence to defined and agreed technical standards and patterns
- Maintaining effective technical documentation
- Follows all agreed software delivery processes
- Ensuring that all process information is up to date, relevant and accurate in work tickets, time tracking, etc.
Door is a fast-growing fintech firm that operates in the global asset management and wealth management industry. We work with asset managers and asset allocators in 38 countries.
As technology, wealth and asset management converge, Door brings asset allocators and asset managers together to empower and improve engagement across the investment industry. Door streamlines information exchange through a global, data-enabled network which benefits all stakeholders.
We help create transparency, support sustainability, improve operational rigour and enable personalisation at scale. We help address the seismic shifts of digitisation, sustainability and data-led sales and marketing.
Door started with a known inefficiency in due diligence. We reduce the current broken system of bilateral exchange of information between all industry stakeholders. Our goal is to make the exchange more efficient and beneficial, reduce risks and open possibilities for the industry to do more.
- We deliver transparency
- We value diversity
- We are collaborative with both colleagues and clients
- We support sustainability
- We are down to earth and easy to deal with
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
- Understanding of software development and testing lifecycles
- Awareness of iterative software development methods
- Good written and oral communication
- Competent personal organisation skills
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise execution of multiple tasks
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented and logical
- Motivated to learn new business and technical concepts
- Strong teamworking stills
- Basic understanding of system architecture, software development and requirement gathering
- Relevant A-levels for ICT and Computer Science would be a bonus
- Good communication
- Willingless to learn
As a Supervisor at Mitchells&Butlers you are the personality behind the beer pumps, the expert on the drink...Apply NowDetails
As an apprentice Chef at Premium Country Pubs, we will help you master our menu, with your food being the r...Apply NowDetails