"We’re one of the world’s leading providers of training and professional development for accountants."
When someone becomes chartered with ICAEW, they become so much more than an accountant.
They become a leader, a creator, an innovator.
They’ll be striving to push themselves and face new challenges every single day.
An ICAEW chartered accountant is part of a global network of almost 158,000 business professionals.
They work on everything from driving leadership standards, to providing expertise, to building sustainable economies in an infinite amount of industries – it truly is endless.
At ICAEW, we get them there.
What do we do?
We’re one of the world’s leading providers of training and professional development for accountants.
Through us, aspiring leaders and business professionals can take a qualification called the ACA and become ICAEW Chartered Accountants.
It’s our job to then support these trainees during their training and make sure that their potential becomes boundless – not an easy job, but we’re up for the challenge.
Why join us?
What do we offer?
We offer the ACA qualification. It sounds simple, but the ACA is one of the most advanced learning and professional development programmes available. It’s been designed to provide trainees with an in-depth understanding across accountancy, finance and business to get them to exactly where they want to be.
The ACA is one of the most desirable qualifications. It’s designed to open up a world of opportunity across a huge range of workplaces – it’ll always be in demand. From the most renowned professional service firms, to entrepreneurial start-ups, charities and government bodies, there’s no end to where it can take aspiring chartered accountants and we’re committed to getting them there.
Five reasons they should choose us – it’s a no brainer
1. Community – they’ll be supported by our global network of almost 158,000 members and a whole community of almost 32,000 students.
2. Leadership Potential – the ACA prepares them for leadership right up to board level. That’s why 77 of the FTSE 100 companies have an ICAEW Chartered Accountant on their board.*
3. Support – ACA students have high first-time pass rates of 79%, driven by quality learning, teaching and support.**
4. Progression – 89% of all ACA students qualify in four years or less, meaning fewer resits, and faster career progression.***
5. Opportunity – they’ll take their career into any industry around the world – in fact, 96 of the world’s 100 leading brands employ ICAEW Chartered Accountants.****
How can they get their dream career?
There are several steps to becoming a qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant as a university graduate:
1. Finish university with a degree in any subject.
2. Enter into an ACA training agreement with an authorised training employer, by applying to a vacancy on ICAEW Training Vacancies.
3. Complete a combination of study, exams, practical work experience and ethics.
4. Once they’ve completed the ACA training, they can apply to become a member of ICAEW.
5. Once they’re accepted, they will be a fully qualified ICAEW Chartered Accountant and can use the letters ACA after their name, a high accolade indeed.
To find out more about careers in chartered accountancy, visit ICAEW Careers.
*ICAEW member data and FTSE 350 data for December 2019 . **ICAEW Case Study exam statistics 2021. ***Financial Reporting Council: Key Facts and Trends in Accountancy Profession 2021. ****Includes parent companies. Source: ICAEW member data for December 2019, Interbrand Best Global Brands