Teaching Assistant Apprentice
£146.25 - Weekly
Why We Need YouPosted:
Responsibilities in addition to meeting the requirements of the apprenticeship:
- To provide learning support to students as directed by the Inclusion Manager.
- Teaching small groups of students according to their educational needs under the direction/ supervision of class teachers.
- Supervising groups of students and individuals under the direction/ supervision of the class teacher.
- Preparation of materials for teaching staff.
- Communicating regularly with the class teacher to whom they are responsible to ensure continuity of provision for students and to ensure that progress is made and recorded.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and of any group of students assigned.
- The presentation and display of student’s work both within and outside of classrooms.
- Helping to maintain a stimulating, healthy and safe learning environment in the immediate teaching area.
- Where appropriate, communicating and co-operating with appropriate persons or bodies outside the school.
- Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above.
- Participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
- Maintaining good order among students and safeguarding their health and safety whether on the school premises or when engaged in authorised activities elsewhere.
- Participating in meetings at the school which relate to the curriculum or the organisation of the school, including pastoral arrangements.
- Attending assembles, registering the attendance of students, and where applicable assisting with playground duties.
- To carry out other reasonable tasks from time to time as directed by the Headteacher.
Walsall Academy in Bloxwich, Walsall opened in September 2003. The student enrolment is around 1300 with approximately 320 students in the Sixth Form. The School is one of a number of City Academies established in England prior to the expansion of the Academies Programme in 2010 and was originally sponsored by The Mercers’ Company of the City of London and Thomas Telford School.
We are now a founder member of Thomas Telford Multi Academy Trust.
We have designed a school and curriculum which make learning and teaching stimulating and enjoyable. We offer first class facilities, state of the art ICT and the opportunity to specialise in more Technology, Science and Performing Arts alongside the National Curriculum.
Our Sixth Form is thriving and we provide a wide range of academic and work-related courses for students of all abilities.
The Arts and Sport play an important role in the life of the academy. We want to give our students different opportunities to develop the confidence to express themselves and ignite the all-important spark for success.
The more we expect of our young people the more they will achieve.
Ethos and Values
The key aim of the Academy is to give students the opportunity to achieve their personal best. Students of all abilities are welcomed to become part of the culture where excellent attendance and behaviour are the hallmarks of Academy life. We want all our students to develop as :
Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
Confident individuals who can live safe, healthy happy lives
Responsible citizens who are well prepared for life and work
Primarily we want students to enjoy coming to school as we believe everything else will follow on from this.
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent in 4 and above or A-C/9-4 or level 2 preferred
- Attential to detail
- Leadership and communication skills essential
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to teach and learn new skills
Ever imagined yourself driving a train? It might surprise you how varied, enjoyable and rewarding...Apply NowDetails
As a Shunter Driver you will be responsible for ensuring vehicles are shunted/driven and prepared...Apply NowDetails