Allied Health Professional Online Work-Related Learning
We have joined forces with Health Education England to bring students an Allied Health Professional online work-related learning programme. The programme will provide an overview of what a career as an allied health professional in one of the 15 different allied health professions can offer, as well as develop key skills for each profession. There's also the opportunity to hear from NHS professionals, learn about their day to day work, as well as about the different areas of the allied health professions and complete assignments.
Upon completion, participants are awarded a certificate, which can be useful for CVs, Personal Statements and interviews. Alongside completing this programme, studying health and social care, social sciences or science subjects are good preparation for a career in health and social care. An awareness of the NHS core values and skills such as compassion, a desire to help and teamwork are also all essential.
What you’ll cover
The programme is available completely on demand. There are around 10 hours of activity that can fit around other obligations. The programme will cover the following areas:
- The World of the NHS
- Introduction to the Allied Health Professional
- 3 Real Patient Journeys. You'll learn about why they're being treated by allied health professionals and how those profressionals help them.
- The Art of Communication as an Allied Health Professional
- How to Become an AHP: Getting Career Ready
- Meet the Partners and Next Steps